BCECE 1997 Biology Question-Answers
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
1. In a plant cell the site for cellular respiration is?
2. Viruses which attack bacteria are called?
3. Botanical name of which is
4. which algae store photosynthetic product oil instead of starch ?
5. Xylem in gymnosperms lacks —–
6. Which base is found only in RNA and not in DNA ?
7. Metabolic process in the body are catalysed by —–
8. The cell theory was proposed by —–
9. Gland responsible for calcium metabolism is —–
10. Scurvy is due to the deficiency of —–
11. What are the carboxilating enzyme, CO2 acceptor molecule and first stable product of photosynthesis in C4 plants ?
12. What is the function of sigma factor ?
13. What is the concept attributed to Thomas Mathews?
14. What is the hormone by which genetical dwarfness can be overcome, and how was it discovered ?
15. What is the difference between guttation and transpiration ?
16. What is the difference between Anopheles and Culex in sitting posture?
17. What are the characteristics of Protista?
18. What is the type of joint between human skull bones and what is its significance ?
19. What is the most important human activity which cause the extinction of wildlife ?
20. What are aggregate fruits ?