BCECE 1998 Biology Question-Answers
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
Objective & Conventional Questions
1.(i) Define cross-pollination.
(ii) List any three advantages of this kind of pollination.
2. (i) To which plant family does mustard belong ?
(ii) Describe the condition of androecium in the flowers of this plant.
3. (i) What is the main characteristic of meristematic tissue ?
4. List any five characteristics of an enzyme.
5. Which cell organelles are also called the “power house of the cells,” why so ?
6. Plants growing in dry regions cut down transpiration to reduce water loss from their body. List any five which they do so.
7. (i) Write full form of DNA and RNA and
(ii) List any three differences between these two.
8. (i) Yeast can bring about alcoholic fermentation.
(ii) Write the balanced chemical equation that represents this process.
9. (i) What is noise ?
(ii) List any four harmful effects of noise pollution.
10. Given below is a list of some cultivated crips :
Wheat, Rauwolfia, examples from the above to the categories of cereals, pulses and fibre crops.
11. List any five mammals of the wild life of India, that are being conserved.
12. Name the phylum and the class to which the following animals respectively belong. (No description is required):
(i) Tapeworm, (ii) Housefly, (iii) Hydra, (iv) Bat and (v) Sea horse
13. (i) What is the general chemical formula of monosaccharide carbohydrates ?
(ii) Name any three monosaccharide commonly found in living organisms.
14. (i) Name any three germinal layers formed in the early mammalian embryo.
(ii) Which of these layers give rise to the heart and the brain respectively ?
15. In humans the basis of sex determination lies in the father,s sperms and not in the mother,s eggs. Explain.
16. (i) Name the pathogen that causes amoebic dysentery.
(ii) How is its infection transmitted from one host to another ?
17. List the body parts in proper sequence through which the breathed in reaches the alveoli of our lungs.
18. (i) How do the blood groups AB and O differ from each other in respect to the antigens and antibodies they possess ?
(ii) Which of these two blood groups in designated as universal donar ?
19. Draw a simple diagram to show the general structure of Chlamydomonas, and label any five parts in it.